December 31, 2002
The year has flown by quickly. After just getting back from Wendy's hometown of Fremont, Michigan,
it's good to just relax into the New Year. Over the last year, here's the highlights:
* I got accepted into Pepperdine University's 3 year fully-employed MBA program.
* Wendy and I decided to adopt a dog (Max is the best dog--he's our little baby!)
* I went to the Final Four in Atlanta, GA to see Maryland defeat Indiana.
* Wendy and I took a helicopter to Catalina Island where we celebrated her birthday over a long weekend.
* I got Lasik surgery done on my eyes--no more contacts!! WooHoo!!
* After 3 months of training, I successfully day-hiked Mt. Whitney. At 14,497ft, Mt. Whitney is
the tallest peak in the continental US. It took me exactly 14 hours to make the 22 mile roundtrip trek.
* Wendy and I went whitewater rafting down the Gauley River in West Virginia, home to four Class V rapids.
* We also visited London and Oxford for a week when I took part in an international business partnership
program between Pepperdine University and Oxford University. We met up with Amy, Tony and the kids
when they flew into London to meet us!
* Tony got transferred to a prestigious assignment at the US Embassy in Riga, Latvia. Although it's cold
there, they like it so far.
* My Mom and Dad moved to Barstow, CA where Dad has decided to go back to work as a private contractor
to the military on a nearby marine base.
* Wendy's brother, Patrick, just started up at Michigan State University this year.